Your Acceptance of These Terms
Information We Collect and When We Collect It
Information Your Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you. For example,
we collect information from you when you visit this Site, register on this Site for an online account, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, request customer support, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on this Site. The types of information we collect directly from you may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Demographic information, such as your age and gender.
- Payment information, including credit card information and billing address.
However, you may visit this Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about you when you access or use our Services or do business with us. For example, we collect:
- Purchase Information. When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction. This may include product details, purchase price, date, tender type and location of the transaction. It may also include account notes about the transaction.
- Browsing and Usage Information. When you visit or use this Site, some information is collected automatically, including the information described in the “Web Browser Cookies [and Similar Technologies]” section below. For example, when you visit this Site, our web servers automatically log your web browser name and language, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to this Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Device Information. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access this Site. This may include the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Call Recordings. We record and store telephone calls for a period of time when you interact with our customer or technical support personnel.
Information We Create or Generate
We infer new information from the information we collect, including using automated means to create or generate information about your likely preferences, interests, or other characteristics (“inferences”). For example, we may infer your city, state, and country location based on your IP address or zip code. We may also infer products or services that may interest you based on your prior purchases with us.
- Information Your Provide to Us
Web Browser Cookies [and Similar Technologies]
[This Site may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs) that we use to count users who have visited those web sites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.]
[This Site may include web beacons and cookies from our service providers, such as site analytics. Because your web browser connects to web servers operated by other companies to retrieve that content, those other companies are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across web sites or online services.]
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on this Site to enhance users experience and enjoyment using our products and services and personalize users’ online experience when they use this Site.
To process payments
- We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature on this Site
- We may use information you provide about yourself to send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you, including about new products and services, offers, promotions, contests, surveys, and upcoming events.
To send communications
- We may use your email address, phone number, or mailing address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. They may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive e-mails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
To provide our products and services
- We may use information you provide about yourself to provide our products and services, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those products and services, to process, fulfill, ship and deliver your orders.
To operate our business
- We may use information you provide about yourself to operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations; securing our systems and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity; monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with this Site; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
To improve and develop our products
- We may use information you provide about yourself to improve this Site, Site content, products, customer service and to develop new products or features, and conduct research.
To protect our or your rights
- To improve customer service
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on this Site. Sensitive and private data exchanges between this Site and its users happen over a an industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secured communication channel, and such exchanges are encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We securely dispose of information when it is no longer needed to fulfill an order or service the account of a user. While we use industry standard means to protect this Site and your information, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuses. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please let us know (see “Contacting Us” below).
Sharing Your Information: We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
Vendors, Service Providers, and Consultants
We share information with our vendors, service providers, and consultants that help us run our business. For example, we share contact information and transaction information with companies that help us:
- provide customer service and resolve complaints;
- identify, investigate, prevent and resolve fraudulent transactions;
- identify, investigate, prevent and resolve any suspected security incident and any suspected unauthorized access, use, loss, or corruption of data;
- [provide installation and warranty services;]
- communicate with you, provide recall or emergency notices;
- [analyze data or user activity;]
- design and execute our marketing campaigns, administer our promotions, and provide advertising services;
- investigate and resolve claims; and
- allow you to order products online and have them delivered.
We may disclose information about you as part of a corporate transaction. This could be a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of company assets, reorganization, divestiture, bankruptcy, or similar type of business transaction.
Legally Required Disclosures, Other Uses and Disclosures
We share information about you as necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes, such as requests from authorities, regulators, and courts. We share information to respond to complaints or legal claims or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our company, customers, employees, or the public. We may also share generic aggregated or de-identified information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
- Vendors, Service Providers, and Consultants
Third Party Web Sites
You may find advertising or other content on this Site that link to the web sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these web sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to or from this Site. In addition, these web sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These web sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other web site, including web sites which have a link to this Site, is subject to that web site’s own terms and policies.
California Privacy Rights
Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, beginning January 1, 2020 you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your information that may be considered “Personal Information” under California law, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed or sold about you in the previous twelve (12) months.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you to the extent required under the CCPA and subject to certain exceptions. We retain personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations and other permissible purposes. That means we may not be able to delete all of your personal information.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to request to opt-out from future “sales” of your personal information. The law defines “sale” very broadly to include simply making data available to third parties in some cases. We let advertising and analytics companies collect IP addresses, and cookie IDs through this Site when you use our Services. Any opt-out choices you make will only apply to the specific e-mail address that you provide when making the request. If you would like to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
To exercise any of the California-specific privacy rights described above, please contact us at:
Wellmade Floor Covering Int’l Inc.
PO Box 2704
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Verifying Your Identity for Requests to Access or Delete Personal Information
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information. The CCPA also requires that we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
What personal information do I provide to verify my identity?
To verify your identity, we ask you to provide your:
How do you verify my identity?
[We may verify your identity in a few different ways. We’ve partnered with a third party identification service to help us verify your identity and prevent fraudulent requests. When you make your request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us validate your identity. If you have an online account, we may ask you to log into your account and complete a one-time passcode validation. In some instances, we may ask you to provide other documentation to verify your identity. If this happens, we will reach out to you directly with this request.]
What if you cannot verify my identity?
If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with a high degree of certainty, we will only be able to provide a report with category-level information and we may not be able to delete some of your information.
How to Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent
An authorized agent is a person or business who has authorization to request to know what personal information we have about you, to delete the personal information we have about you, or to opt out of the sale of personal information on behalf of a California resident. Authorized agents use the same process described above to submit requests.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, we require a valid power of attorney and a signed attestation form. If you do not have a valid power of attorney, we require an authorization document and copy of the consumer’s government-issued photo identification in addition to our attestation form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the attestation form.
Denial or Partial Fulfillment of Requests.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. We will not include employment-related information in fulfilling your request.
Rights Under California Shine the Light
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please contact us at:
Wellmade Floor Covering Int’l Inc.
PO Box 2704
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Please allow thirty (30) days for a response.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to this Site or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at:
Wellmade Floor Covering Int’l Inc.
PO Box 2704
Wilsonville, OR 97070
“Do Not Track” Policy
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature that allows you to tell web sites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Because these web browser features are not uniform, we are not able to receive or honor “do not track” signals from your web browser at this time.
- Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
This document was last updated on October 26, 2020.